1. The Constitutional Council by appeal of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the chairperson of the Senate, the Chairperson of Majilis, not less than one-fifth of the total number of deputies of Parliament, the Prime Minister shall:
1) decide on the correctness of conducting the elections of the President of the Republic, deputies of Parliament, and conducting an all-nation referendum in case of dispute;
2) consider the laws adopted by Parliament with respect to their compliance with the Constitution of the Republic before they are signed by the President;
2-1) consider the decisions adopted by the Parliament and its Chambers to their compliance with the Constitution of the Republic;
3) consider the international treaties of the Republic with respect to their compliance with the constitution, before they are ratified;
4) officially interpret the standards of the Constitution;
5) conclude in cases stipulated by paragraphs 1 and 2 of Article 47 of the Constitution.
2. The Constitutional Council shall consider appeals of the President of the Republic in the cases provided for by subparagraph 10-1) of Article 44 of the Constitution, as well as appeals of courts in cases provided for in Article 78 of the Constitution.
(Article 72 of the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan).
The Constitutional Council makes additional decisions in cases when:
1) the question of interpreting the decision of the Constitutional Council is raised. In this case, an additional decision is taken at the request of the participants in the constitutional proceedings or of state bodies and officials obliged to execute the final decision of the Constitutional Council;
2) it is necessary to correct inaccuracies and editorial errors admitted in the decision of the Constitutional Council. In this case, the additional decision is made by the Constitutional Council on its own initiative.
An additional decision is taken by the Constitutional Council in a meeting, the procedure for carrying out which is determined by the regulations of the Constitutional Council.
(Article 35 of the Constitutional Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan «On the Constitutional Council of the Republic of Kazakhstan» 29 December 1995, № 2737).
Constitutional proceedings can also be instituted when reviewing the decision of the Constitutional Council.
The decision of the Constitutional Council may be reviewed by it on the initiative of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan or on his own initiative in cases where:
1) the norm of the Constitution has changed, on the basis of which a decision was taken;
2) new circumstances important for the subject of circulation were opened.
In the interests of protecting human and civil rights and freedoms, ensuring national security, sovereignty and integrity of the state, the decision of the Constitutional Council is subject to revision on the initiative of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan - Elbasy.
On reviewing the decision, the Constitutional Council shall issue a resolution, which repeals this decision.
In case of revision of the final decision, the Chairman of the Constitutional Council determines by his order the date and procedure for holding a new meeting on this issue.
(Article 36 of the Constitutional Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan «On the Constitutional Council of the Republic of Kazakhstan» 29 December 1995, № 2737).